Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Party Tomorrow

This blog post has nothing to do with adoption (other things do happen in our lives).  :)

A  couple of weeks ago Tony and I went to Jefferson, Texas for the weekend to see the Candlelight Tour of Homes.  We also enjoy shopping in the antique and junk shops out there.  We found some good items to sell in our booth here ... a Wonder bread advertising sign in Spanish being one of my favorites, even if we will have to wait a while before it becomes a collector's piece.

We also enjoy shopping the antique malls in town. In one of the shops here in town, I found a Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library (in yellow box) in pristine never used condition.  I had to have it as it brought back so many memories from my childhood.

So tomorrow is a Christmas Party at our house.  And I am very ambitious about the appetizers I plan to serve.  I have decided to make most of the food using the recipes from the card library.  (A quick shout of appreciation to my husband here who made the extra trip out to Central Market, because his work was closer to it, to get some unique items not in the everyday grocery store).  Oh, and it you are reading this thinking to yourself, Central Market IS your everyday grocery store, then I am very happy for you and wish I had that kind of paycheck to cover it! Wow, is that place expensive.  But I digress ...

So with a trip to Central Market by Tony, and to Walmart by both of us, I have the ingredients in hand to make these delectables:

Bambinos (Card 25 - Come for Coffee Category)

and from the Crowd-Size Entertaining Category:

Card 13 - Party Sandwich Loaf (this one looks unique and complex ... interesting to see if it turns out)
Card 20 - Lemon - Strawberry Punch
Card 23 - Swedish Meatballs
Card 25 - Crab Dip in Pepper Shells
Card 27 - Cornucopias and Triple Treat Kabobs

Just wish I could have figured out where to find mini-skewers or party toothpicks at Walmart.  That is one of my fairly many complaints about Walmart is that their placement system for items often doesn't make logical sense to me (but that is a whole other blog post someday).

Well anyway, I'm hoping I have time to get it all done, plus get the house ready for the party.  I'll let you know how everything turns out and I'll try to remember to post pictures too.

Until next time ...

Merry Christmas everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. Hope everyone has a good time. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete